It has already been more than 10 years since the appearance of the first smartphones. Today, in the US there are more than 300 million smartphone users (Source), therefore, communicating and staying in touch with your audience is possible more than ever. Basically, a part of mobile advertising, mobile apps development is an industry that has been growing a lot in the last decade.
Sometimes our clients ask us what is best: a website or a mobile app? Our answer always is: both. Because each screen has different needs. A website can be reached from a PC or a mobile device or even a Smart TV. A mobile app is available only for smartphones or tablets.
Mobile App development
Here follows our 10 step mobile apps development procedure.
- Define the Idea: Start by defining the idea for your app. Determine what the app is going to do. How it is going to solve a particular problem or meet a particular need?
- Conduct Market Research: conduct market research to ensure that there is a need for your app. Look at your competition. Analyze what they are doing, and find ways to differentiate your app from them.
- Create a Wireframe: A wireframe is a visual representation of the user interface of your app. It will help you to define the layout and structure of your app.
- Design the User Interface: Based on your wireframes, design the user interface of your app.
- Develop the App: There are various ways to develop an app: native app development, cross-platform app development, or using a low-code platform. Choose the development approach that suits your needs and budget.
- Test the App: Conduct different types of testing, including functional, performance and usability testing. Ensure that the app works as intended.
- Publish the App: Publish your app on the App Store or Google Play Store. Make sure to follow the guidelines set by these stores. Consider app naming conventions, app store descriptions, and app icons.
- Market the App: Once the app is available, start marketing it. Use various digital marketing channels like social media, influencer marketing, and search engine marketing to promote your app.
- Analyze User Feedback: Monitor user feedback and make improvements to your app based on the feedback you receive. Use analytics tools to track user behavior and usage patterns to identify areas of improvement.
- Update the App: Finally, update the app regularly to add new features and fix bugs.
Mobile apps benefits
- Increased Visibility: A mobile app can increase a business’s visibility and accessibility to potential customers, given that there are over 3 billion smartphone users worldwide.
- Improved Customer Engagement: With push notifications and in-app messaging, a mobile app can help businesses engage with their customers more effectively.
- Enhanced User Experience: Mobile apps provide a superior user experience, more intuitive, and easier to navigate, leading to improved customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Competitive Advantage: A mobile app gives a business a competitive advantage over others in the industry.
- Increased Sales: Mobile apps can increase sales by providing features such as mobile payments and in-app purchases.
Mobile and 1st party data strategy
Certainly, Mobile apps offer a rich source of data to personalize the user experience. Besides, businesses can gain insights into the preferences, behavior, and needs of app users by collecting 1st party data. This data can be leveraged to provide more relevant content, recommendations, and offers, leading to improved customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Some benefits of having a mobile app aligned with a 1st party data strategy are:
- Targeted Marketing: Businesses can use 1st party data to create precise customer segments and deliver personalized messaging, resulting in higher engagement and conversion rates.
- Improved Customer Insights: Analyzing user data collected through mobile apps provides valuable insights into customers’ behavior, preferences, and needs. These insights can help businesses identify areas for improvement, develop new products and services, and make more informed decisions.
- Data Security: Businesses can collect 1st party data through their own mobile apps, ensuring the data is secure and compliant with data privacy regulations. This helps protect against data breaches and security risks, while also building trust with customers who are increasingly concerned about data privacy.
Contact us today, and let us help you achieve your desired objectives